Dilemma: how do you answer interview questions if you’re a mime? Well, our next Luscious teacher certainly figured out a way to get around that! You’ll have to use your imagination, but we promise you it’s worth it – and you can learn the ways of the burlesque clown in our summer workshops this summer. Ladies and gentlemen, get ready to meet the absolutely delightful Pi the Mime!
1. What’s the ideal way for you to start off your day?
*Pi lies flat on the ground, raises both arms in the air and sits bolt upright.*
2. Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?
*Pi looks out of the window, sees sunlight and squints before holding eyes firmly shut.*
3. Where do you get the inspiration for your acts?
*Pi looks around, points at a book and a radio. And then taps his head, his stomach and his heart.*
4. What’s your favourite way to unwind after performing?
*Pi jumps up, runs around the room, skips, laughs and then collapses in a heap.*
5. Tell us about your most memorable moment on stage. (Can be good or bad!)
*Pi falls of his seat, stands up, looks left and right and then stops. Mimes removing trousers and grinning, then looking down and realising that their are no mime pants on!!!*
6. What show are you currently binge-watching?
*Pi shakes his head in shame and turns the nearest lightbulb on and off a few times, before beginning to trace the alphabet in the air above him.*
7. Who would you most like to perform for, and why?
*Pi scratches his head. Shrugs. Looks up. Looks down. Looks left. Looks right. And then points at you. YES YOU! And nods enthusiastically.*
8. Any New Year’s resolutions?
*Pi grins, spins around, draws a circle in the air and holds it close.*
Pi will be teaching our Clowning in Burlesque course on 19th August.
Photo credits: Plainview Media