Only a few more sleeps until Luscious Cabaret heads on back to The Albany for another night of fabulous fun & Cabaret. Today we meet the gorgeous Frankly Desire …
Tell us a bit about why you decided to start performing.
– I have been performing since I was little at school, but, as I finished my degree I kind of forgot that part of my life and I concentrated my energy on my career. However, I was always feeling that something was missing and I was not sure what was it, until I joined Michael’s Art of Drag Course and I realised performing was the missing part I was searching for. And then I meet Little Lord Luscious during our showcase and I started burlesque and… here I am!
How do the two of you come up with a new act or routine? Give us some insight to your creative process.
– It depends what I am doing. I normally try to find first a theme in order not to be spending hours and hours deciding what to do. I watch and listen everybody around me, looking for inspiration in every corner and then I start trying to join different concepts until I have kind of a line that makes some sense and work over and over on it. I think someone said in the past: ‘Let the muse find you working’ or something like that…
What’s your next challenge in life or in performing?
– Next challenge, Haus of Royalz! they are amazing and next year we will have a quarterly night at RVT. That is my next challenge!
What’s your favourite thing about cabaret?
– The people! Everybody is amazing, not only the cabaret artist that are incredible, but the audience, the workers in the venues, everybody involved in cabaret has something to offer… the people is, for me, the best of cabaret
Where – or for whom – would you most like to perform one day?
– Where? I would love to perform in the colosseum in Rome (I like to dream big!) and for whom, my guilty pleasure are Little Mix, so I would love to perform for them!
Tell us how you’d spend an ideal day off.
– Day off… depending what I am aiming for… but basically a great day for me is going to the V&A and having afternoon tea with some friends while we gossip about everything an try to solve the world with a pint in the hand (did I say tea?!? well… tea with a punch!)
Current TV guilty pleasure?
First dates… that programme is my guilty pleasure, can’t stop watching the people reactions, I even cry with some of the couples when both of them say yes to see each other again…
Any memorable audience members that you’ve encountered throughout your career?
I have a small career… so I can’t not think of someone specific as everybody has been amazing and super attentive every time I have acted.
Without giving too much away, what can we expect from your act?
I hope… a laugh!!
Frankly kisses to you all, xx
If you haven’t got your ticket yet you can book via littleladyluscious.co.uk/december
Can’t wait to see you there!