Our next performer is actually a former student of Little Lady Luscious – see how far those Burlesque classes will take you? She’ll be bringing her own special brand of Seventies glam rock to The Albany’s stage when Luscious Cabaret returns on February 3rd. So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, it’s Bootsy Bonafonté!
1. What’s the ideal way for you to start off your day?
Throwing my head into a bucket of coffee, followed by some stretches.
2. Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?
Both – I seem to be able to survive on little sleep… It’s probably that bucket of coffee…No no, my eye didn’t just twitch…
3. Where do you get the inspiration for your acts?
I take inspiration from things close to my heart; it’s easier to build on something you’re passionate about.
4. What’s your favourite way to unwind after performing?
A good Islay whisky is my celebration in a glass, on the rocks.
5. Tell us about your most memorable moment on stage. (Can be good or bad!)
Being an illusionist’s assistant in a magic show… on ice. Fitting into small dark boxes with someone who’s wearing ice skates is DEFINITELY memorable.
6. What show are you currently binge-watching?
I’m still waiting on the end of Pretty Little Liars to air in the U.K. – WHO IS A?!?!?! Until then, I’ve been hooked on Man In The High Castle.
7. Who would you most like to perform for, and why?
Ooo, good question! I’d love to perform for Gene Kelly (is that allowed? If he’s not around anymore?) – he was a great dancer (and a rather attractive gentleman); so hopefully he’d just join me on stage and whisk me around whilst we perform an improvised bedazzling tap routine together – ta da!
8. Any New Year’s resolutions?
Less coffee, and more sleep! Oh, and to find out who A REALLY IS in PLL.
Photo credits: Plainview Media